Thursday, January 29, 2009

Anyone want a free book?

With February almost upon us, I'm excited to announce that Diversity Rocks challenge members will be eligible to win a free book at the end of the month! This is a gift from AdaptiveBlue, in their support of this reading challenge and as part of their efforts to connect readers with the fancy toolbar, Glue.

The prize? Any book you want, from either Powells or Amazon, up to $30 including shipping.

The catch? None. All you'll need to do is link your reviews on the February Mr. Linky, and you'll be entered to win.

Wait: out of the goodness of their hearts? What's in it for AdaptiveBlue?
My best guess is, two things. One: they got your attention for a second, right?
And two: They seem pretty confident that once they have your attention, you're going to want to try Glue.

I still don't get this whole Glue thing. What is it?
I tried to explain it here, but I'm not sure I did it justice! So I've asked Laura from AdaptiveBlue to do a guest post with a better explanation. So that's coming up on Sunday.

I want to tell you straight up front that it doesn't affect me in any way (though I'd love more people to follow!) if you join Glue or not. I don't get a kickback or anything like that (don't I wish?) and I'm not going to try to sell it to you. Uh, especially since it doesn't actually cost anything. I just get the joy of being able to offer one of you a book in exchange for your commitment to diversifying your reading this year.

I'll post more detailed rules to the contest on the February Mr. Linky post this weekend, but this would be a good time to ask questions, if you have any. And if you haven't joined the challenge yet, it's never too late!

3 comments:

susan said...

Hi Ali,

I'll definitely have to participate in this. Love free books.

Join us forLittle Lovin’ Monday

jessi said...

That's pretty nice of AdaptiveBlue. Now I just need to get my books read, my reviews written, and my posts linked. :)

Unknown said...

Hi, hope all your February reading is going well! If you have any questions about Glue, please email me laura.adaptiveblueATgmailDOTcom. We are really excited about book bloggers getting on Glue, I hope you are enjoying it!