Doret, the Happy Nappy Bookseller! For her review of Sag Harbor, by African American author Colson Whitehead. I accepted a review copy of Sag Harbor partly because of Doret's review:
Reading Whitehead is like listening to improv jazz. One minute you're fully lost in the beautiful sound, then the artist takes you somewhere else you have no idea where they're going but it still sounds so good, if you're lucky enough you'll grasp every note and nuances, finally they pull it back to the beginning and all you can think is damn that was freakin amazing.I haven't cracked it open yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I agree with Doret's opinion.
And let me take this opportunity to give one more Thank You to Hachette Book Group for providing the giveaway copies!
1 comment:
Oh goody, I think you'll enjoy Sag Harbor.
Can you fix my writing error and change who to you. I am off to go fix that mistake on my blog.
Post a Comment