First, the books. Hachette is holding a Latino Book Month giveaway, which includes a set of five books by Latino authors:

B as in Beauty By Alberto Ferreras
Into the Beautiful North By Luis Urrea
Hungry Woman in Paris By Josefina Lopez
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos By Margaret Mascarenhas
Houston, We Have a Problema By Gwendolyn Zepeda
I have five sets of them to give away, winners will receive all five books. And that's not all! (Yes, it's the Diversity Rocks infomercial). I have another five sets of books to give away for Asian Heritage month.

Free Food for Millionaires By Min Jin Lee
Trail of Crumbs By Kim SunéeThe Fortune Cookie Chronicles By Jennifer LeeTransparency By Frances Hwang
Strangers from a Different Shore By Ronald Takaki Two ways to win!
1) Every May review to book written by an author of color or ethnic diversity will be entered in the drawing. You do not need to be signed up for the challenge to win, you only need to read and review a book and either link to your review or email it to me. (Please link to your specific review, not just to your blog).
2) Every participant in the C.O.R.A. Diversity Roll Call will also be entered. There have been six Roll Calls posted so far and you may go back and address any or all that you missed, for one entry per post. Click on the titles below to access the full questions and the place to add the link to your post.
- Write about an author and a character who are very different from you.
- Poetry
- Around the World (explore a country or region related to a book or author)
- Asian authors
- Challenging Stereotypes
- Young adult lit
10 comments:
Great contest! I hope a lot of people enter.
Posting a link on my sidebar now.
I know someone who is going to get a lil lovin on Monday. If this doesn't get people to link nothing will.
These books are amazing - I'll start on the challenge!
thanks
gaby317nyc AT gmail dot com
Please count me in! Thanks for the chance! tryingtostaycalm@gmail.com
This is so much fun! an invitation impossible to resist! I linked you to my today's post! Thanks!
I hope I linked correctly to a review by an author of color but not sure. I tried. I also interviewed her hereL http://bookinwithbingo.blogspot.com/2009/05/bunco-babes-giveaway-and-interview.html
Perhaps I did that correctly. Either way, I would like to win the Latino Month group of books.
You did it perfectly, Bingo, you are entered, and thanks for the review!
Thanks for the link, Stella.
One more week until the big drawing, everyone. Be sure to get your reviews posted.
I'd love to win the Latino package! Here's my May review:
http://www.exurbanis.com/archives/485
Here's my review of Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia
Post a Comment