Thursday, January 1, 2009

January Reviews

This post serves as a place to post links to reviews of books read for the Diversity Rocks! challenge. This is an ongoing challenge, all are welcome to join at any time. There are many levels of participation. For more details see 2009 Diversity Rocks! Challenge post.

If you'd like to post a review directly on this blog, you may either email it to me at Worducopia-at-gmail-dot-com, or become a team member for this blog.

When posting a Mr. Linky, please include the title of the book in the "Name" field, and link directly to your review post.


11 comments:

Ali said...

I read Sunrise Over Fallujah before the challenge started so I'm not counting it as a challenge book, but since I just wrote the review I decided to link to it anyway. Notice how I put the title of the book next to my name? Later I'll edit my post to request that everyone do that.

Cassy said...

I read Stealing Buddha's Dinner for the challenge. LOVED IT! Great story.

Anonymous said...

I'm posting a link to my review of "American Born Chinese." It's #1 of 24...got kind of a late start on this challenge since I'm still in the middle of moving and training for a new job. Yargh.

Do we need to post links to every review we do on this entry?

Ali said...

I want to make a new post every month for people to add links to their reviews. To me that seems easier to keep track of, for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Rock on. Thanks, Ali! I'll be sure to keep everything up to date. And thanks for deleting my double post. My laptop and I are not exactly on friendly terms right now.

Cassy said...

Finished reading Nadia's Song by Soheir Khashoggi. Interesting!

Cassy said...

Finished reading "Saving the World" by Julia Alvarez - posted the review at my blog.

What happened to the link thing?

Ali said...

Cassy, Technical difficulties. Mr. Linky is back!

Terry Doherty said...

Thanks for the reminder to post. I read Little Leap Forward. It surprised me ... maybe my expectations were too high.

Mary Lee said...

I hope you agree that my submission fits the challenge in lots of different ways. Thanks for organizing this. I am paying much closer attention to authors, illustrators, language, and culture! Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Because of a time zone discrepancy between Wordpress and myself, my review for "Things Fall Apart" is labeled as having been posted in February. It's still January 31 for me, so I'm listing it under the January Mr. Linky. Just letting you know so you don't have to waste any time moving my links around :)